An encounter with a GHOST!!!


One dark night, as I was returning from a friend's house, I heard footsteps behind me. At first I ignored thinking they belong to another lonely person like me, hurrying to get home, I thought of the warm fireside and my mother waiting for me with a hot dinner.

Suddenly my foot knocked against a large stone and I tripped. My books fell on the road and I found myself sprawled face downwards. Cursing my clumsiness I stumbled to my feet and rubbed my knees. As I went to pick up my books I suddenly realized that there was no sound behind me. Whoever had been there had either stopped walking or disappeared. I found it odd that he had not come running to my help when I had fallen down.

I looked back but there was only the long stretch of road. No living being was in sight. I shrugged my shoulders and started on my way. I was not far from my home. Already , I could see the light of the front porch. Imagine my horror, therefore, that as soon as I started walking I heard the footsteps again. I couldn't believe my ears and I began to feel really and truly scared. Every horror story I had ever read, swam before my eyes and my hair stood on the end. A shiver ran down my spine and I began to run.

Too terror-stricken to look back, my only thought was to reach my mother's safe arms.
It was only on the next day that I heard the story of how a 10 year old girl while returning from her friend's house that night, had been run over by a speeding car on that very road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boat Rockerz 450 Bluetooth On Ear Headphones With Mic, Upto 15 Hours Playback, 40Mm Drivers, Padded Ear Cushions, Integrated Controls And Dual Modes(Luscious Black)

Boat Rockerz 450 Bluetooth On Ear Headphones With Mic, Upto 15 Hours Playback, 40Mm Drivers, Padded Ear C...